The Third Floor London is seeking ambitious artists who want to make their mark on the entertainment industry. We are currently looking for Previs Shot Creators for a full job spec, please click below. We are also interested to hear from other previs artists, including previs supervisors, asset builders and editors.
Please send inquiries to email@example.com.
Previs Shot Creators build shots, set them in motion and virtually film them to create highly cinematic sequences, helping support the director’s vision via appropriate use of camera movement, lenses, composition, staging, lighting and editing. Using the language of cinematography in tandem with animation, previs artists play a vital collaborative role in the filmmaking process. Ideal candidates will:
- possess a strong sense of composition, animation timing and basic storytelling
- be team oriented and able to take direction from a supervisor
- be adaptable, flexible and accepting of change, often tossing out ideas and starting anew
- have knowledge of cinematic language and camera terminology
- be versed in Maya and Adobe After Effects (Motion Builder also a plus).
Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. On-line reels and links to websites are welcome. Please also include a shot breakdown showing specifically what you contributed to each shot/sequence.
Previs Asset Builder Job Description
The Third Floor (LA and London) is seeking a special breed of 3D modelers. Assets are built quickly and must be highly optimized for real time workflow in Maya. An asset builder must be able to take artistic direction from a wide spectrum of sources to produce environments, props, & characters that best represent the director’s vision. The ideal asset builder candidate will have a strong sense of design and feel comfortable filling in the gaps of information to ensure each asset looks it’s best. Knowledge of real time OpenGL techniques for lighting and FX is a plus.
The ideal candidate will:
- be team oriented and able to take direction well from a supervisor
- be adaptable, flexible and accepting of change, often tossing out ideas and starting anew.
- have a strong sense of design, and a knack for using real time elements to evoke cinematic lighting and depth.
Motion Builder a plus
Please send inquiries to email@example.com (London) or firstname.lastname@example.org (LA.) In the subject line, please include your name and the phrase "Asset Builder." In the body of the email, please include an online link to your reel and/or website, and include include a shot breakdown showing specifically what you contributed to each shot/sequence. Please attach your resume as a PDF.